You may not think a lot about lotion if you’re walking through the store aisles looking for something to buy. But if you want soft smooth skin then you should take a minute to look at the lotion that’s out there.
The lotion is something we use every single day. We put it on our hands whenever we use the bathroom, after washing them. It’s an essential part of our lives. Even the most minimalistic of us have lotion. there are so many reasons why you should buy a quality lotion today instead of tomorrow or even later.
I’m going to spare you endless hours of researching and provide a straight-to-the-point guide on how to choose an acne lotion for your skin type.
Types Of Lotions
When it comes to hydrating your skin, there are a lot of options. In this article, we’ll cover all of the categories that lotions fall into, so you can pick the right one for you!
These often come in small jars or bottles and are oil-based. They’re used to moisturize and condition the skin, and they often contain essential oils, which are aromatic compounds that are extracted from plants.
They’re good for people with dry skin because they hydrate without adding too much water to the skin.
Creams are thicker than lotions, but not as thick as ointments. They’re usually made with oil and water, and sometimes contain alcohol or other ingredients to help them penetrate the skin.
These are good for people who have sensitive or oily skin because they don’t absorb as quickly as lotion does.
Gels have similar ingredients to creams, but they’re lighter and more liquidy in texture. They’re more suited for oily skin because they don’t clog pores like creams can do when applied too thickly or too often.
However, some gels can be irritating to sensitive skin types if they contain fragrances or alcohols that cause.
What Are The Benefits Of Lotions?
It’s important to moisturize your skin every day, and lotions are a great way to do that. Here are five benefits of applying lotion to your skin every day:
- lotions are an easy way to add moisture back to your skin.
- They help your skin fight signs of aging by keeping it healthy and strong.
- It can protect you from the elements on days when you’re outside more than usual!
- Lotion makes your hands soft so they’re not dry and cracked all the time (which also means no more handshakes with strangers).
- It can help you get rid of pesky pimples if applied regularly enough.
- Lotions are useful in combating children’s dry cracky skin
- Body lotions are not only recommended for kits, they are infused with hydrating ingredients to help combat dry skin in seniors