With the changes in seasons, the colder temperatures and dryness of the skin can upset the delicate balance of dry skin and cause discomfort. That’s why it’s important to make sure to moisturize your skin.
With this as the premise, you are going to learn how to make homemade lotion. This blog will show you how to make coconut oil and aloe vera lotion so that you can moisturize your skin.
Table of Contents
Why You Need To Make Your Own Lotion
There are many reasons why you should make your own lotion. Not only will you save money, but you are also creating a product that is tailor-made to your specific needs. Plus, it’s a lot of fun and you can add your own personal flair. Making your own personal lotion will also help in the complete use of all-natural ingredients.
Since you are making it yourself, you don’t need to worry about safety, you are using a few ingredients that are non-toxic. Most lotions contain at a minimum, one or two chemicals you would prefer not to be on your skin.
What Type Of Coconut Oil Is Best In Making A Lotion
The best type of coconut oil for making lotion is refined coconut oil. Refined coconut oil has had all the impurities removed, which makes it a much more stable and effective base for making lotion.
Refined coconut oil is solid at room temperature, and it melts at body temperature. It’s also stable over time. Refined coconut oil doesn’t break down or become rancid as quickly as other types of oils do.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Skin
Coconut oil is one of the most popular oils for skincare, and it’s easy to see why. Coconut oil is considered a superfood because it contains antioxidants and vitamins that can be beneficial to your skin.
One thing you might not know about coconut oil: its fat content makes it an effective moisturizer. It has a high melting point, which means it can penetrate deeper into the layers of your skin than other oils.
Coconut oil is also antimicrobial, meaning it fights off bacteria and fungi growth on your skin—not only helps keep acne at bay but also helps prevent fungal infections like athlete’s foot from reoccurring.
Coconut oil has many other benefits for the skin, including:
- Anti-inflammatory properties (which help with eczema and dermatitis)
- It helps heal cracked or damaged skin on your face.
- Natural sun protection (which helps protect against UV damage)
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Skin
- Aloe vera is a natural deodorant, so you can use the gel or cream on your underarms to keep you smelling fresh all day.
- It is also a great moisturizer. Your skin will feel silky smooth after applying the aloe vera gel or cream to it.
- Aloe vera contains vitamins A and C, which help repair damaged skin cells and reduce inflammation.
- Aloe vera is also good for treating sunburns and other forms of skin damage caused by UV rays from the sun or tanning beds because it contains antioxidants that protect your skin from further damage from UV light exposure (1).
- It also protects against acne-causing bacteria by acting as an anti-inflammatory agent (2).
How To Make Lotion At Home With Coconut Oil And Aloe Vera
You can make lotion at home with coconut oil and aloe vera. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a blender, and some patience.
This is a simple, natural recipe for homemade lotion. It’s super easy to make and it’s perfect for the person on your list who loves the smell of coconut oil but would rather not buy it from a store.
Things you will need:
-1/2 cup coconut oil
-6 drops of vitamin E oil
-1/2 cup aloe vera gel (or more if you want more moisture)
-1/4 cup distilled water (or more if needed)
– A blender
Here’s how you do it:
Mix together and blend all ingredients together until completely smooth. You may need more or less water depending on how thick you like your lotion to be. Put it in a glass jar or container with a tight lid or cap to keep moisture in while it’s still in liquid form.
If you want to make larger batches of lotion, use two cups (16 ounces) of water instead of one cup.Store in a cool dry place, or in the refrigerator if you prefer something cooler than room temperature.
You may not think a lot about lotion if you’re walking through the store aisles looking for something to buy. But if you want soft smooth skin then you should take a minute to look at the lotion that’s out there.
The lotion is something we use every single day. We put it on our hands whenever we use the bathroom, after washing them. It’s an essential part of our lives. Even the most minimalistic of us have lotion. there are so many reasons why you should buy a quality lotion today instead of tomorrow or even later.
I’m going to spare you endless hours of researching and provide a straight-to-the-point guide on how to choose an acne lotion for your skin type.
Types Of Lotions
When it comes to hydrating your skin, there are a lot of options. In this article, we’ll cover all of the categories that lotions fall into, so you can pick the right one for you!
These often come in small jars or bottles and are oil-based. They’re used to moisturize and condition the skin, and they often contain essential oils, which are aromatic compounds that are extracted from plants.
They’re good for people with dry skin because they hydrate without adding too much water to the skin.
Creams are thicker than lotions, but not as thick as ointments. They’re usually made with oil and water, and sometimes contain alcohol or other ingredients to help them penetrate the skin.
These are good for people who have sensitive or oily skin because they don’t absorb as quickly as lotion does.
Gels have similar ingredients to creams, but they’re lighter and more liquid in texture. They’re more suited for oily skin because they don’t clog pores like creams can do when applied too thickly or too often.
However, some gels can be irritating to sensitive skin types if they contain fragrances or alcohols that cause.
What Are The Benefits Of Lotions?
It’s important to moisturize your skin every day, and lotions are a great way to do that. Here are five benefits of applying lotion to your skin every day:
- lotions are an easy way to add moisture back to your skin.
- They help your skin fight signs of aging by keeping it healthy and strong.
- It can protect you from the elements on days when you’re outside more than usual!
- Lotion makes your hands soft so they’re not dry and cracked all the time (which also means no more handshakes with strangers).
- It can help you get rid of pesky pimples if applied regularly enough.
- Lotions are useful in combating children’s dry cracky skin
- Body lotions are not only recommended for kits, they are infused with hydrating ingredients to help combat dry skin in seniors
- Lotions also help to combat dry flaky skin
3 DIY Coconut Oil Lotion Recipes for Dry Skin
Coconut oil is a good moisturizer, but it can be hard to find. If you want to use coconut oil as a moisturizer, here are three DIY coconut oil lotion recipes for dry skin.
DIY Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, and Oatmeal
This DIY lotion recipe is simple and easy to make, but it will leave you with a moisturizing lotion that’s perfect for dry skin. The best part? It’s all-natural.
-1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
-1/4 cup aloe vera gel (drained)
-1 tablespoon oat flour (ground into powder)
-Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Don’t worry about adding any extra water; the mixture will become thicker as it sits. Massage into your skin or onto your face and neck once every day or two until the oils sink into your skin and leave it feeling soft and supple.
Coconut Oil DIY With Egg White, And Honey
-1 cup coconut oil
-2 egg whites
-½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add coconut oil and honey if desired and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a jar with a tight lid and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Apply to the face as needed throughout the day or night depending on your skin type.
DIY Coconut Oil And Beeswax
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons beeswax (you can use any kind of wax, but this one comes in a tube)
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
20 drops of essential oil (optional)**Note: For a more moisturizing effect, you can add more water or more vitamin E oil. If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some other essential oils!
Other Coconut Oil Recipes For Dry Skin
Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar
-Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar are great for treating dry skin, especially on your face. You can use this mixture as a face moisturizer or make a body lotion out of it by mixing it with water.
Coconut oil and olive oil
-This is another great DIY hydrating mask that will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth after use! Simply mix two tablespoons of coconut oil with two tablespoons of olive oil and apply to your face as needed during your skincare routine.
Why spend big bucks on lotions when you can make your own with ingredients that you probably already have lying around the house?
The price is right and the products are guaranteed to be as good — if not better — than any store-bought lotion. This lotion recipe is a great mix of coconut oil, aloe vera, and other essential oil blends depending on what type of fragrance you like.
Other Related Articles
- 10 Superb Homemade Moisturizer For Dry Skin On The Face
- 5 Best Lotion For Oily Skin Face In 2023
- 6 Best Dry Skin Lotion with Lactic Acid In 2023
- Is Coconut Oil Good For Dry Skin
- 5 Best Whitening Lotion For Babies In 2023
- Mind-Blowing Nutrition Facts About Coconut Oil
- 4 Homemade Moisturizer For Dreadlocks