A lot of people are less concerned about their skin. In essence, good works have a way of giving your confidence that elegance boast. Maintaining good looks is a general phenomenon applicable to all fields of works.
Statistically, the skincare industry has been a major boost to good looks. It has played a vital role in making men and women looking good with less negative thoughts about their skin.
The global skincare industry is worth billions of dollars and is rapidly growing annually. As skincare industry statistics show, this market is always ready to adapt to new trends.
That is one of the reasons why it has managed to survive and thrive even amid economic recessions.
In order to keep you going, we have listed the most interesting skincare statistics in detail, just as some great information on the historical backdrop of beauty and across the world. let’s get started
Share this Image On Your Site
The Skincare Industry Statistics
1. It has been estimated statistically that the global skincare market value will increase rapidly from about $145.3billion in 2020 to about $189.3 in 2025
2. Although, skincare is the second-largest branch of the beauty industry with about 23% percent revenue, hair care takes first place with about 24% of the industry revenue.
There has been rapid growth in the skincare industry every year with men and young age contributing rapidly to this increase.
3. In 2017 the sales of men’s skincare products increased by 10% in the United States, they spent about $6.9 billion on grooming products.
They increasingly put skincare products as their first choice to delay the signs of aging skin.
In recent times now, consumers have put awareness as their major factor, they always want to buy a skincare product whose company doesn’t care only about the skin but the environment as well. Men’s skincare products have evolved and grown beyond the local pattern.
5. Statistics have shown that 70% of men key into the use of sun-protecting products.
Also, women on the other hand feel overwhelmed when it comes to buying skincare products. They take a major part of the skincare market.
6. Throughout their life, statistics have shown that the average woman will spend around $225,000 on skincare alone.
7. When it comes to organic and natural skincare products, statistics have shown that nearly 83% of the Generation Z key into the buying of organics and skincare products, and there has been a rise in demand for natural and organic products in which the U.S skincare market is really benefitting from.
8. In 2016 about 57% of U.S women said it is important buying of all-natural skincare products.
9. In the U.S, a skincare survey among consumers in 2017 shows that about 52% of these consumers use skincare products every day, the survey also shows that 6% do not use skin products.
10. Statistically it has shown that 65% of women use skincare products every day in the United States while 37% of men do so too.
11. In the U.S. the best-selling skincare products are facial cleansers and acne treatment.
The Following Are Some Other Major Skincare Statistics And Facts
1. In 2018, most of the skincare launches took place in the United Kingdom taking 40%. The U.S came second with about 25%, France is placed in the third spot with around 15%.
2. La Crème de la Mer’s Crème Regeneration intense is the world’s most expensive skincare product which costs $2,400.
3. Skincare takes about 40% of the global cosmetic market.
4. Germany and France take about 40% of the global cosmetic market, they are the two countries leading in cosmetic consumption in Europe, the U.K comes third in the list.
5. Statistics have shown that the global market worth of organic and natural skincare products will increase positively due to demand from 4.75 billion in 2019 to around 7.2 billion dollars by 2024.
6. Statistics have also shown that women in the U.S spend approximately $3,756 on their appearance yearly.
7. Oceania and Asia have the highest rate of consumption of beauty products. They account for around 39%, North America comes second with around 25%, Europe comes third with around 24%.
8. L’oreal is a world-leading cosmetic company.
9. The global skincare market value was worth $145.3 billion in 2020.
Other Than The skincare Statistics, The Following Are Some Other Beauty Industry Statistics & Fact Comprising Of Both Cosmetics, Haircare, And Make-up
10. Statistics have shown that the least growth rate of the global cosmetics market was felt in the year 2009.
11. By 2026, the cosmetics industry at the global level should be worth around 438.38 billion.
The global fragrance market was worth $43.6 billion in 2020.
12. The haircare market is expected to increase by 5.2% by 2026
13. Sephora is the world’s number one beauty retailer.
14. Milk Makeup went 100% vegan and subbed beeswax with CBD oil
15. In 2019, the sales of cosmetics grew by 30.5%.
16. Statistics was shown an increase in the haircare market globally to $102 billion by 2024.
17. According to a survey carried out by global data, 39% of the consumers in the Asian Pacific market prefer beauty products that contain natural and safe ingredients.
18. Statistics have shown that 70% of consumers aged 18 to 29 preferred organic and natural skincare products.
19. The beauty industry produces up to about 120 billion units of packaging annually.
20. Statistics have shown that about 82% of women think social media is the major platform responsible for the ongoing beauty trends.
21. The most popular beauty brand making waves on Instagram is Huda beauty.
22. There has been an increase in the African beauty market from around 8% to 10% every year.
23. Statistics have shown that the K-beauty market will experience an impressive growth of 11.3% from 2019 to 2026.
24. According to cosmetic industry statistics, there are 10 types of cosmetic products which are classified into creams, solutions, suspensions, lotions, ointments, powders, gels, sticks, tablets, and capsules, and aerosols.
25. statistics have shown that More than 50% of women prefer natural-labeled products.
26. The UK is the world leader in skincare products that target the skin microbiome.
27. statistics have shown that South Korean men spend the most on beauty products.
28. The Korean beauty market is listed among the top ten countries globally, in 2017 their estimated worth was over $13 billion.
29. The global mineral cosmetics market size was $2.9 billion in 2018 and is expected to double its worth by 2025.
30. The US fragrance market is increasing every year and its value is estimated to reach around $52.4 billion by 2025.
31. Statistics have shown that 30% of American women use foundations and concealer makeup.
32. Statistics have shown that India’s beauty cosmetics industry will exceed $20 billion by 2025.
Some Major Statistics And Facts On Different Skin Conditions
This is the most common skin problem in the United States, affecting around 50 million Americans yearly. around 85% of the ages between 12 and 24 experience minor Acne.
Acne is the most common skin problem in the United State. It majorly starts within the age range of about 12 to 24 and is more common with teenage guys than girls because guys have more oily skin with larger pores.
This makes it more prone to acne. Severe inflammatory acne is the most serious foremost acne and is regarded by some people as cystic acne.
So what are the real causes of this acne? Your skin is made up of little tiny holes called pores which are usually blocked by oil [ SEBUM], bacteria, and dead cells alongside dirt.
34. Hair Loss
This can be majorly caused by hereditary thinning. Statistics have shown that about 80 million Americans are been affected.
The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition that happens with aging. Other causes of hair loss include hormonal changes, medication and supplements, hairstyles, and treatment.
About 7.5 million people in the U.S have Psoriasis. This occurs commonly among adults around 45 and 64 ages. It is majorly caused by heredity.
This is a common condition that affects about a 16million Americans. It is common among the aged between 30 and 60.
37. Dry Skin
This is a condition that results when the skin lacks water. According to Dr. Grossbart, he stated that around 60 to 70 percent of the population experience some level of dry skin.
38. Atopic Dermatitis:
Statistics have shown that out of 10 people develop atopic dermatitis during their lifetime. It affects around 25% of children 2 to 3 % of adults.
39. Skin Cancer
This is the most common cancer that affects people in the United States, and statistics have shown that about 9,500 people in the U.S are diagnosed with skin cancer daily.